Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wisdom of The Mind: "Interests" Version


My Interests And How They "Drive" Me



I have many interests, or passions. But the ones that "drive" me to move further are the ones I concentrate on the most. Say, for instance, my love of learning... I am always looking for answers to questions that seem to have no answers! Questions that make me say, "hmmmm". And even though we all have an intuitive side, the questions I ask seem to just make me dig deeper and deeper, usually resulting in an exhausted day of no success. But the way I see it, is at least I tried... I feel I am that much closer to the answer just because I exhausted myself. I'll just get up the next day, and continue where I left off.


I want a telescope in the worst way. The one I want is a bit costly, ($1500) but I believe it would be well worth the money. I also want to be a writer, an artist, and rich! And I know that only I can make that happen. I know what I must do to be successful in these departments, I just seem to lack the "gump" to get up and go do it. I always think to myself that there is always someone more deserving than myself. So therefore, my feet seem to sink into the cement that I place myself in, and I don't move. I stay right there, and put everything off in order to keep everyone else happy. Why do I do this? Who knows? But I am feeling my feet are breaking free of that cement... My brain is telling me that I've got to get a move-on if I am going to succeed in anything I want to do...


My kids have kept me home for over six years now. I refused to let someone else raise my children. I wanted to do it myself, so I have been "successfully unemployed" for all this time, and I am out of experience... I have searched online and offline for a possible miracle of having a choice of working, doing what I want to, but I have been unsuccessful there, too. Maybe I am being too picky...? From here on, I have to implant a touch of attitude into my brain, and give myself a kick in the rear-end to get myself going... I am currently looking for any opportunity to arise that would interest me. Maybe I'll take some classes...? An online course...? Or I could be lucky enough to come across an "on-the-job" training program, so I can make money and learn at the same time... My big problem is I want to be my own boss... But I don't have the financial security to get that right off the bat... I know I've got to start somewhere, but where? I have been an at-home-mom for so long...


School starts again soon for the kids. My baby is going to Pre-K, and I will be home, doing nothing, going nuts... So, I am planning on doing something that will keep me occupied... In other words, I've got to find a job, but find one I will enjoy. I love astronomy. I love writing. I love drawing. What can I do to combine these three things, and make money doing it? I could get that awesome telescope, take pics of our awe-inspireing universe, and write about it, illustrating a bit, and that would take care of my problem...


I completed 13 lessons (through the mail) from The Art Institute, but that did me no good, because I never completed that whole course. (AND it was $120 a month...) I thought about writing for children (through the mail). I passed the test, and still, to this day, (7 years later) I am still receiving mail from them, but never did it... I have a brochure coming in the mail from Winghill.com which is writing courses through the mail. Maybe I will actually fill that one out... Maybe not. My whole point here, is I am searching for, passionate about, and plan to be successful in these three interests of mine, sooner or later. Everyone should follow their dreams. If you want to do something with your life, then DO IT! Don't waste time, as I have been doing. All it did was put my life on hold. Eventually, I will be successful in all I want to do. As long as I keep thinking this way, I will be a little closer everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment